Areas of Service
- Trenton, Ewing, Hamilton, Lawrenceville, Plainsboro, Princeton, Cranbury, Hightstown, Hillsborough, Hopewell, Mercer County, Montgomery, Pennington, Princeton Junction, Skillman, West Windsor, Hamilton Station, Philadelphia, Manhattan, Princeton Junction Station.
- All airports of the Tri-State Area (Trenton-Mercer Airport, Newark, Philadelphia, JFK, LaGuardia, and the Atlantic City Airport).
- Fares are calculated by use of a meter which must be activated.
- The applicable fares, as approved by and on file with the Public Taxi Commission (PTC), are $4 for the first 1 mile plus $1.50 for each additional 1/2 mile or fraction of a mile.
- The meter will automatically change to a time charge of $0.75 per 45 seconds when the vehicle speed is less than 15 miles per hour.
- Additional charges as approved by and on file with the PTC may apply.
Out of Town Rates
- Fares are calculated by odometers, which you have the right to inspect before and after the ride.
- The applicable fares approved and on file with the PTC are $3 for the first mile, plus $2.50 for each additional mile or fraction of a mile.
- Additional Charges as approved by and on file with the PTC may apply for any toll and/or gate charges.
- Waiting Time
Upon original call and before the passenger takes possession of the taxi, waiting time shall be charged only for the time in excess of 3 minutes that the driver is required to wait for the passenger.
Hand luggage in excess of one: $0.10
Suitcases, skis, musical instruments handled by the driver: $0.50
Cats in plastic cages, seeing eye dogs, guide dogs and dogs carried on the passenger's lap shall be carried without charge. All other dogs - $2 flat fee. Any damage caused by the pet will be compensated by the passenger.
- Extra Passengers
Each extra passenger over the age of 3 years - $1.50 (in the city limit).
- Shared Rides
If you agree to multiple loading, you are entitled to a reduced fare. Individuals or parties not traveling together who agree to share a taxi to destinations in the same area or along the same route shall pay the normal shortest route fare of $5.00 or more (not including non-meter charges), which shall be reduced by 20%. Such restrictions do not apply to gate fees or tolls or out-of-town fares. The cab driver must have the permission of the first passenger to load other passengers.
- Cash and all major credit cards accepted.
To comment on the services provided, call the Public Taxi Commission at (609)-989-3185, or Trenton Star Cab at (609)-943-8250.